The government of Kenya has digitized some of it's services. It is now possible to renew your driving license from the comfort of your house.If you are my age or somewhere close, then you have once queued for half a day to renew your driving license. You thus understand what a miracle it is to be able to do this from the comfort of your house.
The following government services can be offered through the e-citizen platform in Kenya.
- Business name search
- Business name registration
- Application for notice of marriage
- Application for Issuance of a registrar’s certificate
- Application for Issuance of a marriage certificate
- Application for solemnization of marriage
- Booking of driving tests
- Application for a provisional driving license
- Driving license renewal
- Land rates clearance certificate
- Official search of land blocks for the Nairobi block of land.
- Passport application for Adults and Children
- Application for a Kenyan VISA.
Automation of government services is something that has been long overdue, it is with big applause that Kenyans welcome this development. At the moment we still have long queues at Huduma centers countrywide where citizens get assistance from government staff. But it is hoped that as computer literacy levels goes up, the queues will get smaller as people apply for this services from the comfort of their homes.