Ever tried Tomato Jam on bread with Cheese? There isn’t anything as delicious as this in the world. Tomato Jam rocks. Besides applying on bread, tomato Jam is applied on roast meat too.
Tomato Jam is slowly becoming a must on most dining tables in Kenyan homes. The best time to get into tomato Jam making business is now.
- Boil ripe tomatoes
- Dip them in cold water to make it easy to peel out the skins.
- Pill the skins and blend the tomatoes into a thick paste.
- Sieve to remove the seeds.
- Boil the puree again to remove water. The result is a thick paste.
- Add honey and sodium benzoate to the tomato paste in the mixture as you stir.
- Then add lemon Juice
- leave the tomato jam to cool
Your tomato Jam is ready to go. Pack in plastic containers, brand and sale.